Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sorry I've been a bit quiet

Good Afternoon One and All! :-)
SUPER NANA HUGS FOR YOU ALL as I feel like I've not been posting as much as usual, my apologies! Trying to juggle a full time (graphic design) job and trying to get my freelance Illustration stuffs off the ground plus enjoying everything life has to offer atm (wonderful family, perfect friends, my house and garden etc etc etc...) is proving fun but tricky! I have so many ideas flying about right now, I wish I had a bit more time to get them all down on paper!
Most of the time, I'm not even thinking about drawing for commercial purposes... I just like to get the ideas down and work out how they could be used at a later date. I thought about this little guy whilst planting various seeds in my conservatory the other day (I know it is early and therefore cold still, but I thought I'd go for it anyway. It paid off! THINGS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO SPROUT! Yey!). I am not brave enough to try growing courgettes just yet so that particular pack of seeds will stay tucked away for a little while longer...
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love your illustration - yes, the poor courgette, or as we Aussies say - 'the zucchini' often suffers from a case of mistaken identity & ends up in the wrong places!
    The idea of planting vegies in a conservatory sounds divine! Sounds like you're just sprouting with ideas too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed! Mistaken identity (thanks Lyn) has been a problem with me! I once had a home economics class in which I had to do a demonstration of a Spanish dish. Because the time was so damn limiting, I had few options, and ended up choosing to make the simple and unflattering dish, Zucchini (or courgette) Fritters. Yes... All well until I sliced up that zucchini and discovered the thing was a lier! It was a cucumber all along, and my dish accordingly tasted very stupid!

    ReplyDelete